Webpagebytes CMS can be integrated with the cloud to generate complex content (see the provided examples).
On simple deployments the public content server and admin content server can be represented by a single server and web application.
Webpagebytes CMS provides a demo application that demonstrates the CMS functionalities. This demo runs on any computer with Java SE Runtime 7 or higher.
To download the demo please visit the download page.
Demo application features include
- Localization by supporting English and French languages.
- Email templates by proving two examples
- Demo web site pages management
- Static files management that are used in the content (logo image and icons)
- Dynamic PDF reports generation (the dynamic content is transformed to PDF by using Apache FOP)
- Dynamic charts images (the dynamic content is transformed to image by using Apache FOP)
- Dynamic SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) reports displayed in web pages
- Generation of documents in batches, triggered by a scheduler
To to run the demo, the following steps needs to be done
- Download the Demo application distribution binary from download page
- The demo application is located under /jetty-demo directory of the distribution archive
- From /jetty-demo/ run the following command
java -jar start.jar
- Open http://localhost:9090/demo/ in a browser to access the demo application
- Open http://localhost:9090/demo/myadmin/ in a browser to access the CMS demo administration interface
Webpagebytes CMS is built based on different plugins, these makes the link between the content engine and the various applications and processes that are involved in the content delivery (databases, caches, files storages).
Local environment is a setup where the plugins will use only local computer resources. This setup is useful to create, develop and test content which later will be deployed in a production environment (which most likely will be a distributed one).
Move the content in the cloud
Webpagebytes CMS comes with plugins for Amazon AWS resources in order to scale the solution. The Import & Export functionality is a great feature to move the content from a local environment to a cloud one.